Visitor Visa Eligibility
A visitor visa is required various purposes of visit such as, if you plan to visit your family or friends in Canada, visit for vacation or visit for business purposes. This type of visa is also known as TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) and it is stamped on your passport.
At first, check if you need a visitor visa to come to Canada for temporarily, as some of the foreign nationals coming from specified countries may not require obtaining a TRV.
- A foreign national can stay in Canada for up to 6 months on a visitor visa, unless extended.
- There are certain factors that will determine the eligibility to obtain temporary visa, such as legitimate purpose of visit, financial status and health status.
There are documents that an applicant must gather before applying for a visitor visa. You may need more documents, depending upon your specific situation.
- Not be charged of a serious offence
- Agree that you will leave the country at the end of your stay or before your visa expires
- Prove that you do not intend to study or work in Canada
- Undergo a complete medical examination
Must Know Points
- A temporary visitor’s visa is not offered on arrival in Canada. The visitors must obtain it before travelling to Canada.
- This visa doesn’t allow applicants to study or work or undertake any profession in the country
- The visitors are allowed to explore Canadian landscape or other purposes for which the visa is granted