Canada, a North American country with a 9.98 million square kilometres, remains the top-favourite of immigrants across the globe. Canada has a century-long history with immigrants and their immigrant plans, and more number of people are planning to set foot on the lands of Canada for a prosperous future. Well, they are not wrong; a throng of people are drawn to Canada every year, because of the economic prosperity it offers with a couple of other things. Let us see what they are in detail that draws attention to the rest of the world:
- Positive Immigration Plans: As per new immigration plans, Canada aims to bring-in 1.3Million foreign nationals by 2021. If you are planning to move to Canada, this time seems to be the best shot to move; as Canada is planning on to bring-in a more skilled and experienced workforce to suffice the numerous vacancies in several industries and departments.
- Safest Place to live-in: Canada is considered one of the safest destinations in the world. Its crime rates are always on an all-time low, police are trusted, easy to contact, and quick to respond. It has a strong gun control policy. Leaving handbags and pieces of luggage unattended could stir complexities and sirens!
- Booming Economy: Along with France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the UK, and the U.S.A., Canada forms the largest economy in the world, successfully making it to the G7 economies. Thanks to its growing industries in technology, aerospace development, agriculture and industrial production, Canada has been experiencing a drop in housing costs in certain regions of the country. Moreover, it has plentiful natural resources, and over the years the manufacturing, oil and petroleum industries are experiencing steady growth.
- Bountiful Multi-culturing & Freedom: Canada has a great nightlife and is safe for people of all ages to roam freely on the streets of Vancouver, Toronto, relishing on the locale hub for exquisite cuisine and adventure. Thanks to the law under the charter of Rights and Freedoms, all citizens as well as residents of Canada are treated equally under the law and are protected under all forms of discrimination in the workforce as well as on the streets.
- Easy to be a Canadian: Canada is one of the few countries that are in dire need of permanent skilled workers, so there are no hard and fast rules to earn citizenship. Applicants have to live in the country for a minimum of 3years instead of 4years successively to earn citizenship. However, if you age between 18-54years, you are asked to pass a citizenship test. Canada willfully provides a set of citizenship model test papers for the people to know the pattern and practice equally, to help them pass the tests. If you do not pass the 1st time, you are allowed to reapply two times more.
- Plenty of Job Opportunities/ Business Opportunities: Canada is experiencing a terrible shortage of skilled workers to accomplish tasks. So there are ample opportunities for immigrants to find work in Media & Marketing, Construction, Restaurants & Catering, Tech and Innovation etc. There are abundant business opportunities for immigrants in Canada like British Columbia (the tech hub of Canada)-perfect place for launching your tech business, food truck business in streets of Canada offering finger-licking dishes at jaw-dropping prices on the streets of Toronto seems like a good idea as well.
- Free (Public Schooling/Health Care): Canada has both public and private schools. Full-time education is mandatory for all the kids of immigrants permanently or temporarily resident in Canada. However, admission to a public school for foreign children is dependent on the type and duration of the visa granted to their parents. The only cost that the kids have to pay is “student fees” paid between $5-$100, which is for extracurricular activities. Canada has one of the best healthcare systems in the world. To avail of universal health care, an immigrant must have Canadian citizenship or must live for 3years successively to have full have access to health coverage. However, for newcomers, he/she should have lived at least 3months in the Canadian province to avail the universal health cover.
These positive reasons make Canada worth migrating to, even in 2020, post-lockdown. These reasons will act as strong motivating factors for you to migrate in Canada in 2020.